SB 122, MSSA’s flagship bill to encourage the manufacture of ammunition components in Montana, has been transmitted to Governor Bullock.
Please contact the Governor and urge him to sign SB 122. The major points to hit are:
1) SB 122 is a jobs bill. It has the potential to create good-paying jobs in Montana in businesses that do not exist here yet.
2) Because such businesses do not yet exist in Montana, what tax breaks are left in SB 122 will not cost Montana any lost tax revenue whatsoever.
3) People employed in any new business under SB 122 will pay income and property taxes, and will spend the money they earn in the local economy.
4) Ammunition components is a very big and growing market in the US, with relatively few suppliers. Because of that, it is an activity waiting to be tapped by any state to get into the business early, as Montana would be with SB 122.
5) Existing business in Montana that manufacture completed ammunition need the components that businesses fostered under SB 122 could provide.
I don’t think an RKBA argument (although important to us) will be persuasive to the Governor, so I wouldn’t offer that.
SB 122 will take a couple of days to go through the enrolling process before it lands on the Governor’s desk. Now is the time to begin sending messages to Governor Bullock urging him to sign SB 122. Feel free to contact him via ALL of the means offered. As mentioned in an earlier email, it is possible to fax a letter from your computer via free Online fax services.
Contact the Governor
By U.S. Mail:
Governor of Montana
Helena, Montana 59620
Toll Free: 855-318-1330
Email: "Steve Bullock" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks loads for your help and support!